there is no racial or ethnic majority in the school’s undergraduate population. no group of students, including caucasian, reaches above 50%.
42% of our traditional undergraduates identify as students of color.
north park is home to students from a variety of faith backgrounds.
- evangelical covenant church: 7.3%
- other protestant denominations: 24.8%
- catholic: 19.6%
- orthodox: 3.2%
- muslim: 2.8%
- jewish: .8%
- other or no faith tradition reported: 41.5%
accolades and rankings
From U.S. news & World Report: #39 in best midwest universities
also among regional universities midwest:
#3 in ethnic diversity
#11 in commitment to undergraduate teaching
#14 in social mobility
From WalletHub Best Colleges & Universities: #8 in illinois
- student-to-faculty ratio: 12:1
- 17 students in an average undergraduate course
- full-time faculty with terminal degrees: 84%
- quarter of a million books in the library
- most popular majors: nursing, business/economics, biology, exercise science
- 88% of graduates had a job related to their field or intend to pursue graduate school upon graduation**
294 dorm rooms on campus
162 additional chicago-style apartments available as on-campus housing
13,970 community members served by student volunteers annually
63 students participated in the 2018–19 catalyst semester program
62% female and 38% male
60% commuter and 40% on-campus students
70% from illinois, 26% from other states, 4% international
34 states and 42 countries represented
north park university is accredited by the higher learning commission and honored by many other accreditation bodies for individual programs. detailed information on the university’s accreditations is available on the accreditation page.
*last updated fall 2018 with most current data available.
**self-reported data from graduates, december 2015.